This quick and easy-to-read article could help you turn a pandemic nightmare into a staffing opportunity. You’ve heard the cliché, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” Is your glass half full or half empty? Business is all about perspective – and if you maintain a positive approach, you’ll be able to discover the potential upside in any situation – even amid soaring unemployment rates. Countless service industries are experiencing shut downs as a result of the current quarantine. This leaves a lot of people looking for employment. As a result, this is the prime time to build yourself a great staff – hop on this opportunity while it’s presenting itself.
This pandemic has created a free agent pool of workers, which affords our industry the opportunity to secure some top talent to work as caregivers in residential assisted living. According to the Wall Street journal, at least 4.6 million American jobs at hotels will be lost due to the pandemic.
Marriott’s occupancy in the United States alone, has already dipped below 20-percent. This same downward spiral has been affecting employment at other hotels also. That’s a lot of people working in service oriented positions that might make a great fit for your RAL business.
Five Positive Perspectives During The Pandemic
- This is the perfect opportunity to attract and recruit great caregivers, housekeepers and chefs.
- A lot of residential assisted living homes are aiming to make modernization home improvements, this is a great opportunity to attract and hire qualified maintenance professionals.
- It’s possible that you can fill every open position in your RAL home – chefs, sous chefs, house managers and even maintenance workers, which are some of the most difficult spots to fill.
- Now is a great time for your business to help fast track caregivers into assistant nursing positions, which is an industry need.
- Lengthy and troublesome hiring processes have been waived in many states for assisted living, now is a great time to fast track individuals onto your team.
Make Use Of The High Internet Traffic During Quarantine
Since you are always looking to gain great exposure for your job postings, the internet is currently the absolute best option, especially during quarantine.
Talking Points To Attract Hotel Workers
- About 500,000 senior care employees who gave feedback identified assisted living as a great place to work.
- As a sector, residential assisted living beat out the fortune 100 best companies to work for, which included Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt and Kimpton.
- The assisted living industry sector scored a 76 on the Trust Index.
As all these newly unemployed people are searching for jobs online, the most important thing to do is promote your business and job openings to these workers online. Social media advertisement is especially good. Take your postings to the places where people frequent the most. As of late, owning and operating a senior living business comes with added responsibilities to properly care for seniors during COVID-19. This is why it is important to get connected to the right resources to keep your assisted living business relevant and thriving no matter the circumstances.
Finding The Silver Living During The Pandemic
The Residential Assisted Living National Association advocates for assisted living businesses across the country. RALNA supports them with access to legal expertise, continued education, national marketing, group purchasing power and a continual positive voice for the industry. Although this content is specialized for staffing RAL homes during COVID-19 quarantine, similar steps should be considered by RAL owners and managers on a regular basis. There are many additional tips RALNA offers to help owners staff their assisted living home. RAL home operators do not have to go through these difficult processes alone. Visit www.RALNA.org for professional tips and to get connected to a positive network in the assisted living industry in the face of challenges.